20% Tax deduction for Wellywoods gaming legends PIKPOK
Watch Andy Foster interview Mario Wynands CEO of PIKPOK as they talk about the 20% tax deduction introduced in the budget.
- PIKPOK is 26 years old this year.
- Started in a garage in Lower Hutt by 3 mates, the company employs over 200 staff.
- The gaming industry turns over $400 million and earns $100m tax, and is now bigger than the wool industry.
- By comparison to Finland, a country similar to NZ they turn over 3 billion NZD annually.
- The 20% rebate is designed to keep kiwi game makers here and reduce staff poaching from predator Australian companies.