Wellington City Council's
Response to review their sportsgrounds charges.
Andy Foster interviews Todd Bryant the Development Manager of Capital Football and discuss the upcoming reviews around Wellington City Council charges for running Sportsgrounds.
- Football, Hockey and Cricket upset about Council sportsfield charges and demanding an inquiry into sportsfield charges. Other codes may join.
- Sports codes say they can run sportsfields for less than Councils charge which affects what players pay.
- Before last year’s election many mayors and councillors around the region promised a review – sports codes quite reasonably expect these promises to be honoured.
- After Mayor initially declined a review, Wellington City Councillors have agreed to a review. Upper Hutt and Porirua Councils are also in – codes want other Councils to be in too.
- Key will be terms of reference and who undertakes the review so all parties can see it is genuine and thorough.